Things To do on a Snow Day
When you were a kid, snow days were magical. As soon as you woke up, you'd peek through the blinds hoping for alot of snow to go play outdoor. But now that you’re an adult with deadlines and a packed schedule to deal with, snows days have lost a bit of their magic and can feel like more of an inconvenience.
Even if you're working from home, use the day as a chance to do all the activities you’re too busy for.
1. Change your look. Since you are always rushing to get ready in the morning, a snow day is a perfect time to go through all your makeup products, and try a new every day look.
2. Play a board game. Choose an old-school board game you haven't played in forever. That Monopoly at the back of your closet is dying to be played, and a snow day is a great day to do so.
If you are alone, download game apps you can play with your friends or people around the world. My favorite in CHESS.com
3. Start reading a new book. Or, finish one you've been meaning to get through.
4. Binge-watch the latest documentary or Netflix show you’ve been hearing so much about.
5. Or have a movie marathon and watch 3 movies in a row.
6. Throw a snowed-in dinner party. What better during a snowstorm than spending time with the ones you love even if it's virtually on Zoom. Even if it's through a screen, you can still eat, drink, and have fun while stuck inside.
7. Clean out your closets. You’re stuck at home, so you might as well do something productive.
8. Update your social media profiles. Take some time to update your accounts with your most recent photos and infos.
9. Play dress-up in your own closet. You’ve probably got something coming up that you need an outfit for, right? Figure out what you are going to wear on that date, job interview, or weekend getaway.
10. Do a little online shopping.
11. Style your coffee table or night stands. Try a new look with styled books or décor pieces.
12. Change up the furniture layout in your house, apartment or living room. You have nothing to do and nowhere to be, so simply relax and take a closer look at your current layout. If something doesn't feel right, switch it around.
13. Transform your bathroom into a home spa. Light scented candles, fill a bath with bubbles and hot water, and relax. Whatever self-care you prefer, treat yourself while stuck inside and you can use up all those pricey samples that are taking up space in the bottom drawer of your vanity.